Performance and Fuel Economy
Every 2016 Honda CR-V comes with a 2.4L inline-four engine and the choice of front-wheel or all-wheel drive. It makes 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque, and the continuously variable transmission helps maximize fuel economy, which comes in at 33 mpg highway and 26 mpg city with front-wheel drive or 31 mpg highway and 25 mpg city with all-wheel drive, according to EPA estimates.*
Trims and Features
There are several trim levels to choose from on this crossover SUV, but you can count on plenty of fun, comfort, and convenience, no matter which select.
- LX: The base trim of the 2016 Honda CR-V comes with Pandora Internet radio, Bluetooth, cruise control, power windows and door locks, and cruise control. It sits on 16-inch steel wheels and features a hatchback lift gate in back.
- SE: All-new this year, the Special Edition trim gets you more stylish 17-inch alloy wheels. It also comes with a security system, as well as rear privacy glass.
- EX: In the middle of the pack, the EX trim gets more technology. It also comes with the Honda Link smartphone app integration and infotainment system, which is displayed on a 7-inch touchscreen. Other upgrades include a moon roof, fog lights, keyless entry and start, a power driver’s seat, and heated front seats.
- EX-L: The penultimate trim provides more comfort, convenience, style, and entertainment via dual-zone climate control, roof rails, leather upholstery, satellite radio, and a larger stereo system.
- Touring: The top trim in the lineup rolls on 18-inch alloy wheels and comes with premium projector beam headlights. It also boasts more driver assist safety tech, a power liftgate, and the option to get a navigation system and HD radio.
This crossover SUV comes with comfortable seating for up to five adult passengers. Total interior volume is quite spacious at 141.3 cubic feet, and there’s also a very spacious 37.2 cubic feet in back. Fold down the rear seats when you need more room to access to 70.9 cubic feet of storage. The large doors provide easy access to the cabin, and the quality of the materials is quite luxurious for a vehicle in this class.
There’s plenty of safety tech available inside the 2016 Honda CR-V. The LaneWatch blind spot monitoring system comes on most models and allows you to see your blind spot on a the central display screen. There’s also the Honda Sensing feature suite on the Touring model, which gets you collision mitigation braking, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and adaptive cruise control. Every Honda CR-V comes with a rearview camera.
The critics have a lot of praise for the 2016 Honda CR-V.
- Kelley Blue Book: “Honda’s 2016 CR-V seems to excel in every area that means the most to compact-crossover SUV consumers.”
- Edmunds: “If you’re shopping for a compact SUV, the 2016 Honda CR-V remains one of your best bets.”
Get More for Your Money from the 2016 Honda CR-V at Sunset Honda
The wait for a quality and affordable crossover SUV is over. The 2016 Honda CR-V is now on sale, and you can find it for yourself at Sunset Honda, your certified Honda dealer at 12250 Los Osos Valley Rd. in San Luis Obispo, CA. We have a huge selection of models in stock, and we offer competitive financing. Come see us during our sales hours seven days a week, or reach out to our team with questions.
*26 city/33 hwy/29 combined mpg rating for 2WD models. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.